Tuesday 2 February 2010

My invite from Gordon Brown to attend 10 Downing Street


How exciting, I have just received an invitation from Gordon Brown to attend an event at no.10 Downing Street to celebrate the success of Britain's small and medium sized businesses.
The reception, which will be held in a couple of weeks time, aims to bring together a wide variety of entrepreneurs and business owners to toast their success through what has been a very testing time. I suspect I have come to the attention of Downing Street's Events Office through Business Link, whose help and support I have received over the last couple of years. Since starting my business in 2007, I have been in touch with Business Link from the outset. Primarily I got in touch with them to ensure I got solid advice and support to build the foundations of my business, then latterly they have been there to help with more complex issues such as Intellectual Property law and PR for my first product, Count On It food labels.
Since receiving my invitation I have found out via conversations on Twitter that Claire Young (you may remember her from the BBC programme The Apprentice) and Nadine Hill, another mumpreneur will also be attending. I am really looking forward to the event, not only will it be a fantastic opportunity for me to meet like-minded people, on a personal level it is a once in a lifetime opportunity - something will definitely be telling the grandchildren about.

1 comment:

Nadine Hill said...

Hi Lyndsey
I can't wait to meet you either! Great minds think alike! I posted about the invite on my blog too! See here:
http://www.timemanagementmum.com/2010/02/rubbing-shoulders.html

Do check it out and vote in my poll - crucial decision to be made!
See you next week!
Nadine