Tuesday 5 May 2009

The Guilty Parent gives 'genius' product the 'thumbs up'


Count On It Freshness Label Review
By Erica Mueller on April 27, 2009

The Count On It freshness monitor labels are one of those products that make you say “Why didn’t I think of that??” The idea is just so simple, yet so genius.

When you open a package of food, you simple adhere a freshness monitor label, and scratch off the date you opened it. Then anytime you want to know if the food in that package is still good to eat, you can check the date on the label! Because you’re scratching off the date instead of writing it on, you don’t have to worry about the product sweating and smearing ink. You also don’t have to hunt for a pen to mark the label!

I’m really excited about this product, because with a family of 3, certain foods take a while to use up. Take sour cream for instance… I’m the only one in the house who eats the stuff, so a pint of it often goes bad before I can finish it. The same goes for lunch meats, salad dressings, and other condiments. In a small household, these items stay in the fridge a long time. Now I can check the date of opening and decide whether I think it’s time to toss the product, or if I should still use it.

I’m currently using these on items in my fridge and I’m loving them! It takes the guesswork out of freshness!

The Count On It labels are also good for medications, beauty products, contact lens solutions, and even air filters!

Stop throwing away perfectly good foods and other products simply because you can’t remember when you opened them!

Count On It

… to remind you to use it - not lose it!

No comments: