Wednesday 26 May 2010

More radio interviews.. BBC Radio Leicester and Lincolnshire


Following on from winning the Extraordinary Entrepreneur award last week, I've since been very busy being interviewed by the Leicester Mercury, being a guest on BBC Radio Leicester and on BBC Radio Lincolnshire.
The article in the Leicestershire Mercury, was great (despite having a couple of mistakes in it, including stating that I worked in a shed, converted into an office!) Here's the article
http://www.thisisleicestershire.co.uk/news/extraordinary-woman/article-2205654-detail/article.html
On Thursday I had a great time on the Tony Wadsworth show, I really enjoyed being on there and Tony was kind enough to say that I was 'truly inspirational', what a great compliment. In addition to that, he asked if I could come back as a regular contributor, which is absolutely fantastic - he even said off-air that I remind him of Rosemary Conley, inspirational, down-to-earth and a lovely lady - well that can't be bad. Here's the interview:
http://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episode/p007v84b/The_Tony_Wadsworth_Programme_Extraordinary_Business_Woman/

Yesterday, another radio interview, this time with the lovely Melvyn Prior at Radio Lincolnshire - another thoroughly enjoyable and fun interview - local BBC Radio presenters and staff are so professional and great at putting you at your ease. Melvyn completely got where I was coming from too, we both talked about how each of us had a dream and went for it - it's great to connect with people like this, it really fires me up to crack on with my goals and ignore those vampires that try to slay your dreams.

Here's the interview: http://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episode/p007xpzf/The_Morning_Show_25_05_2010/

It is an absolute privilege to have a voice through the media and it is something that I am really passionate about. Through talking on the radio, at presentations and as an Ambassador, I hope to be able to inspire other people who have a dream to go for it. As I said at my talk at the Business Link Staff Conference, 'Don't worry about the 'how to's' and 'what if's', the only thing you need to worry about is living with the 'if onlys'.

No comments: